WHY JOIN IAEI?
"Wisdom. An active IAEI member will gain much of it (wisdom) by reading the information that is put out almost daily through the web, emails, magazine, etc.; by meeting and communicating with other members that are influential in the development of the NEC, I-codes and of standards; by having the names, contact information and relationships of other contractors, inspectors, utility representatives, electrical manufacturers, etc. and being able to discuss issues with them to help with decision making."
Dale Hamilton, IAEI River Region Secretary and Membership Chair. Member since 1998
Along with being part of a community of electrical professionals, your member benefits include but not limited to:
- IAEI Member Discount: You receive a 10% discount on products in the IAEI store; and on IAEI education and training seminars.
- Free NEC code book: After three consecutive renewals you are eligible to receive a free National Electrical Code (NEC) book or Canadian Electrical (CE) Code book, as appropriate. ($95 Value)
- IAEI Magazine: Six times a year you receive IAEI magazine, which includes technical articles on reusable energy sources, new code requirements, electrical standards, and elimination of counterfeit products from the marketplace. ($90 Value)
- IAEI Network Building Opportunities: With 137 chapters nationwide, your membership allows you access to a wealth of knowledge through chapter meetings, conferences, and networking events.
- IAEI Professional Development: IAEI educational programs are the most effective way to stay current in today’s ever-changing industry and throughout your career. Continue your professional development and achieve continuing education (CEUs) through conferences, regional seminars and chapter meetings – helping you make connections that benefit your career. The career board provides targeted job postings.
- Code Development: As an IAEI member, you have the opportunity to participate in the code development process by submitting or commenting on public inputs and code proposals.
- Advocacy: Dedicated to promoting electrical safety, IAEI regularly participates in the Code development process and advocates electrical safety by serving on numerous code panels.
FIND A LOCAL CHAPTER
Find a local section, chapter, or division in your area. IAEI meetings allow electrical inspectors, electricians, and other electrical industry professionals to network and discuss issues related to electrical safety, as well as earn CEUs at many of the meetings.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
If you have any questions about IAEI, please feel free to contact us. We are always looking for ways to better serve our members.