Submit an article to IAEI Magazine
Thank you for your interest in IAEI Magazine, the official magazine of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors. We are always looking for technically accurate, well-written articles on subjects relating to the electrical industry. The magazine is published six times per year and combines short columns with longer feature articles.
Who’s Our Audience?
IAEI Magazine readers include:
- Electrical inspectors
- Electricians and installers
- Electrical contractors
- Testing laboratories
- Technical educational institutions
- Other electrical industry professionals
What Do We Write About?
We write on a variety of subjects pertaining to the safe installation of electrical equipment, the adoption of electrical codes, and safety in the workplace. These topics include:
- National Electrical Code (updates and adoption)
- Workplace safety and NFPA 70E
- Installation methods
- Electrical inspection methods
- Low- and medium-voltage systems, equipment, and feeders
- Emergency and standby power
- Testing and maintenance
- Power distribution
- Alternative energy (solar, wind, etc.)
- National Electrical Safety Code
- Canadian Electrical Code and other international electrical codes
2020 Editorial Calendar
Theme: Health Care Facilities
Copy Deadline: June 8
Theme: Receptacles, Outlets, Etc.
Copy Deadline: August 15
Download 2020 Editorial Calendar
We invite you to submit articles on any topic related to the electrical industry that is informational, instructional and does not promote or endorse a product or company. (Advertorials may be purchased for this purpose.) Stories written on the issue theme will receive advanced placement.
Guidelines for Authors
Authors should cover either new developments in the electrical industry or in-depth technically-oriented subjects. National Electrical Code updates and articles about Code calculations are often the most read type of articles. Major features should have broad appeal and focus on practical matters; purely theoretical material is not accepted. Authors are not required to be IAEI members.
Word Limit: Manuscripts up to 3,000 words. If you need additional text, please reach out to the editor for information.
You are encouraged to include photographs, slides, and diagrams that support the text of your manuscript. Graphics must be sent in a separate file; do not embed the graphics in the text of the manuscript. High-quality photos include JPEG photos scanned at 300 dpi. Please do not submit PowerPoint files (export to PDF if necessary).
Study these guidelines and take note of important information such as unsolicited manuscripts, style, deadlines, and various copyright notices. The best way to inquire about potential interest in a topic is to send an email (through the button below or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org) with a proposal and full-sentence outline.
Submit an article
Interested in submitting an article? The best method is to send an email to the editor with your name, title, company, email address, and phone number in the body. After you and the editor agree to proceed, email manuscripts and high-resolution illustrations/photos as a jpg, tif or gif attachments to email@example.com. We hope to see your byline soon.
The following guidelines must be followed when formatting a document for submission to the IAEI News magazine:
- Electronic submission is required; attachments in Microsoft Word is preferred.
- Do not use automation headers/footers. Turn off track changes and ensure all changes have been accepted/rejected, as appropriate.
- Remove any and all comments, unless they are specifically directed to the editor.
- Use endnotes at the end of the article, rather than footnotes, to credit sources. Include all relevant source information (e.g., author, publisher, title of book or article, magazine name, date/year of publication, country of publication).
- Include a reference section for any and all general references. Include all relevant source information (e.g., author, publisher, title of book or article, magazine name, date/year of publication, country of publication).
- Include a brief biography (approximately 50 words) indicating current position, background, professional affiliations, and books or articles published. Avoid including educational information.
- We only accept submissions in English. If you would like to use another language, please discuss this with us prior to submission.
- All images (photos, tables, graphs, etc.) must be submitted in high resolution (300 dpi/dots per inch) in tif or eps formats. We will also accept pdf, jpg, or png formats. We will not accept embedded images in Word documents. Images saved from the internet and computer/phone screenshots will not be printable.
- All images must be shot or created by the author, or he/she must have written permission from the copyright holder to publish.
- Include cutline information (captions) for each image including image credits (who shot/created/owns the image).
Submissions emailed to IAEI Magazine are acknowledged by the staff within 3 to 5 business days. They are subject to review by two or more members of the IAEI technical review team.
Submissions for publication in IAEI News magazine are edited for grammar and content according to The Chicago Manual of Style and Usage and the Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (www.webster.com).